Do you have tooth cavities? No matter how old you are, people of almost any age may need at least one tooth filling done in their lifetime. This oral procedure is generally called dental filling and is used to treat cavities, cracked or broken teeth. At Markham Woodbine Dental, we have a team of qualified dentists who provide dental fillings in Markham. If you are dealing with dental anxiety, don’t worry. Our team ensures you are comfortable before, during, and after the procedure.
Who Needs A Dental Filling?
Anyone with a broken, worn-out, cracked or tooth cavity may need to undergo dental filling to restore the affected tooth to normalcy. Chances of bacteria entering the cavity get highly reduced after it’s filled with amalgam, thereby preventing further decay. A filling prescription is made when:
- Enamel of tooth is decayed or worn-out
- Tooth is having a cavity in the middle
- Tooth surface needs to be evened out
Our dental filling procedure in Markham depends on your oral health and symptoms along with the size of the cavity. Before starting with the treatment, we’ll assess your condition and let you know about the best treatment plan. If the agreed procedure is dental filling, we’ll:
- Apply a local anesthetic to the affected area
- Prepare the tooth by removing decayed or damaged surface
- Cleanse the prepared tooth to remove plaque and bacteria
- Isolate the tooth to keep it clean and free of saliva
- Apply filling material to the prepared area
- Shape it to match the look and feel of a natural tooth
If you want to keep the oral problems at bay, it is important to take proper care of your teeth and mouth. At Markham Woodbine Dental, our dentists conduct regular checkups to diagnose and treat dental problems at an early stage. We offer dental fillings tailored to your needs.