Sensitive teeth are not just an irritation in your teeth, but it makes you hard to eat and drink. Mostly, you experience the sharp, sudden and temporary pain in your teeth. This pain happens when teeth are exposed to air, hot, cold and acidic foods.
So, you are here to know what leads to sensitive teeth and the most effective solution to get rid of this issue.
Causes Of Sensitive Teeth
- Teeth Whitening: Most of the teeth whitening products use the peroxide as a main ingredient which can irritate the tooth nerve.
- Brushing Too Hard: Brushing too hard can also cause gum recession and root exposure. It is advisable to use soft bristle toothbrush.
- Demineralization: It happens if the mineral content in your tooth enamels begins to decrease or break down. Thus, it becomes easier for plaque to infect the vulnerable interior of your tooth.
- Teeth Grinding: Teeth grinding results in damaging the tooth’s enamel and expose to the inner layer of dentin. Thus, your teeth become more susceptible to tooth decay and sensitivity.
- Diet: Consuming acidic foods and drinks like pickle, tomatoes, tea and citrus fruits make enamel to erode and end up with teeth sensitivity.
Solutions For Sensitive Teeth
- Dental Sealant: It is a thin resin coating that is painted onto your teeth and helps to reduce sensitivity.
- Mouth Guard: It prevents grinding your teeth at night as well as helps to reduce pain in sensitive teeth.
- Fluoride Varnish: This method is used to reduce some of the pain and discomfort that is caused by tooth sensitivity.
- Bonding Agent: Exposed teeth or root is covered with a bonding agent to block the exposure and reduce the pain.
Tooth sensitivity is a common issue that numerous people experience. By understanding its reasons and applying the right solution, you can get rid of teeth sensitivity. If you are looking for dentist’s help, speak with our dentists at Markham Woodbine Dental that is a full-service dental clinic in Markham. Call us to schedule your appointment today.